The NBA season is a month into it and already there have been some rookies who have come out and made big impacts by putting up big numbers. Here is the top-10 so far in the season.
1. Derek Rose 19 ppg, 4 rpg, 5.7 apg. Look what Deron Williams and Chris Paul have done for their respective teams. Rose can do the same, and he can get to the bucket easily.
2. OJ Mayo 20.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg. The Grizzlies are not very good but he is putting up some serious numbers. He will be a star for a long time.
3. Rudy Fernandez 11.6 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg, 1 steal. He doesnt have as good of numbers as the next guy on my list but but he does so much more on the court. He flies around and plays really good defense.
4. Michael Beasley 14.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.4 apg. I am not the biggest fan of Beasley but he can score the ball, he just needs to play some D.
5. Greg Oden 8.3 ppg, 6.8rpg, 1.7 bpg. He is a defensive presence with his shot blocking and rebounding. His offense is still raw but developing. Stay healthy big man.
6. Brook Lopez 9.3 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.4 bpg. He has really turned it on since joining the starting lineup. He has scored in double figures in five of his last six, including a 25 and 9 outburst against Atlanta. 3 of those games have reulted in double doubles.
7. DJ Augustin 12.5 ppg 2.2 rpg 4.6 apg. He has started to get more minutes lately and has averaged 21 ppg over his last 4 games. He is a dynamic player who can shoot really well.
8. Anthony Morrow 13 ppg 3.6 rpg 52% Fg 92% FT. Who? Undrafted out of Georgia Tech, Morrow has found some playing time in Golden State breaking out for 37 and 25 respectively in wins over the clippers and blazers.
9. Marc Gasol 12 ppg 7.2 rpg. I don’t know if it is good for the Grizzlies to have two people on this list but they do. Gasol has been solid in his first year in Memphis and will be a solid center in the NBA, more fitting to come off the bench though.
10. Jason Thompson 11.4 ppg 7 rpg 54% FG. Thompson is playing well and getting more shots with Kevin Martin out. Thompson has a lot of upside and can be good in this league, heck he is an athletic 6-11 guy.
Read Full Post »