Ever too early rookie of the year projections.
AFC- Eddie Royal WR Denver Broncos. Who are teams going to double team now, Royal or Brandon Marshall? I was tempted to put Chris Johnson here but the turmoil in Tennessee made me think otherwise.
NFC- Matt Forte RB Bears. At 6 foot 2 this kid will keep shredding offenses and bowling defenders over.
I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It
1. Mike Ditka, you’re a moron. According to Ditka, Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans was a fourth round pick and the Titans were smart for finding such a great value in the later rounds. Is it really that hard to get paid millions of dollars to be an ESPN broadcaster and not know about current NFL players?
2. As I said before, Jay Cutler is the real deal. He looked completely in control against the Oakland Raiders. This is his team.
3. The Jets are not THAT good. They nearly lost to the Miami Dolphins and one of Favre’s touchdowns was complete luck…or Favre magic depending on who you ask.
4. Start the countdown on days that go by until Randy Moss becomes a cancer.
5. Dear Vince Young. People will still ridicule you if you retire. Especially for the tattoo on your back that makes no sense if you’re not a football player. (Hint: It looks just like the back of his jersey. V. YOUNG with a giant 10 on his back). Grow up and deal with the pressure, Aaron Rodgers has it way worse than you. Oh and while you’re at it, spend some time learning how to make reads.
6. I can’t believe that Terrell Owens was penalized for mimicking Usain Bolt coming out of the starting blocks after scoring his first touchdown of the season. The ground is not a prop. The NFL needs to relax.
7. Speaking of Terrell Owens, he will pass Cris Carter next week on the All-Time Touchdown list, making him second, behind Jerry Rice. By the end of his career Owens will be Canton bound and his antics won’t matter.
8. Trent Edwards will end up being the best quarterback from his draft class. Book it.
9. The Browns should have traded Derek Anderson when they had the chance. Overrated.
10. I said this during pre-season and I’ll say it again. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers will have statistically similar years, but Rodgers will have more wins.
The Fine Fifteen
1. Dallas Cowboys- Don’t you get the sense that you’re watching a Pro Bowl game when this team takes the field?
2. Green Bay Packers- How much is Mike Nolan kicking himself for drafting Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers?
3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Will Willie Parker keep this pace up? Furthermore, is this the team to beat in the AFC now?
4. New York Giants- If Eli thought that every regular season game was a playoff game, would he look like Tom Brady did last season?
5. San Diego Chargers- Are the Chargers one more injury away from free falling in the AFC West? This team just doesn’t seem like they want it.
6. Jacksonville Jaguars- When will this team finally step up and be the team it appears on paper it is?
7. Indianapolis Colts- When will Peyton’s rust wear off?
8. Chicago Bears- Will the Bears be able to run the ball as well as they did Monday night for the rest of the season and keep Kyle Orton from throwing the ball?
9. Denver Broncos- Is their newly found stellar offense enough to overcome their poor defense and catapult Denver into a playoff spot?
10. Philadelphia Eagles- Will McNabb last the whole season? Will Desean? If so the Eagles could be scary.
11. Minnesota Vikings- Can this team afford to wait for Travaris Jackson to grow up? Did Adrian Peterson even miss Bryant McKinnie?
12. Buffalo Bills- How much better will this offense be with Jason Peters back next week?
13. Carolina Panthers- Are the Panthers actually going to be good this year? Can you believe that Mike Williams 2.0 Dwayne Jarrett actually had a catch in this game?
14. New Orleans Saints- Is Reggie Bush destined to be a mediocre version of Marshall Faulk?
15. Tennessee Titans- What in the world is going on with Vince Young?
“My Beer Drunk Soul Is Sadder Than All The Dead Christmas Trees Of The World”
1. Vince Young is thinking about joining the Double Stuff Oreo league that both Manning’s are in. Much less pressure on who wins or loses.
2.. The reason why Cleveland was given so many prime-time games is because the American public loves to watch four quarters of the Browns getting blown out.
3. DeAngelo Hall allowed fellow Virginia Tech alumnus Eddie Royal to destroy him on Monday Night Football because he wanted to make, “a Tech rookie look good for once.”
4. Upon hearing that Reggie Bush forces girlfriend Kim Kardashian to run sand dunes to stay in shape Romeo Crennell devised a new workout plan for Shaun Rodgers.
5. The NFL game that the guy at the airport is watching on his laptop in the new NFL Network commercial is much more interesting than Marissa Miller leaning over his shoulder.
Games to Watch
The best games this week will be Denver versus San Diego and of course the NFC East showdown between the Cowboys and the Eagles.
And I’m Out. Feel Free to Comment!
Read Full Post »