First I want to apologize for the fact that it is Friday and I am just now posting this column. Here’s a quick hitter from Kicking it with Kevin. From now on it will always be posted on Tuesdays.
I May Be Wrong But I Doubt It
1. Phil Simms, you’re a moron. Phil Simms gets the idiot of the week award for uttering this quote on Inside the NFL, “You just can’t win football games by running the ball well and playing good defense.” Umm, Phil?
2. The Vikings should trade for Jeff Garcia. Gus Ferrotte? REALLY?
3. The Bills will win the AFC East. Book it.
4. Speaking of the Bills, look for James Hardy to become more involved in the offense.
5. J.T. O’Sullivan is this weeks plug and chug fantasy player (if you’re desperate). He has the advantage of getting to torch the Lions through the air.
6. Jay Cutler will finish the season with better QB numbers than Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.
7. The Rams may be the worst team in football but the Bengals are the most pathetic.
8. Speaking of the Rams should have traded Steven Jackson. There are so many more needs to be filled on this team via the draft.
9. Aaron Rodgers is good but their offense needs to be more consistent.
10. How is it possible that the two smallest receivers in the NFL Draft this past year are looking like the best (Eddie Royal and DeSean Jackson)?
11. How is it possible that Chris Cooley didn’t realize the picture he posted of himself exposed his genitals?
The Fine Fifteen
1. Dallas Cowboys- Is Wade Phillips the Joe Paterno of the NFL?
2. Green Bay Packers- How on earth did the Lions come back and then get crushed so badly?
3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Can you still really call it a feud between the Steelers and Browns when the Steelers ALWAYS win?
4. New York Giants- Is there a deeper defense in the NFL?
5. Philadelphia Eagles- Will DeSean Jackson stop being MeSean and grow up?
6. Denver Broncos- Can Cutler keep throwing the ball 50 times a game? Can Brandon Marshall start avoiding legal trouble at some point in his life?
7. Indianapolis Colts- How is it possible that Manning still finds a way to win with offensive lineman that wouldn’t start at USC?
8. Buffalo Bills- Does Dick Jauron still look like an idiot for “reaching” on all those players in the draft?
9. Chicago Bears- Cedric who?
10. Tennessee Titans- Can Kerry Collins be Trent Dilfer for this stacked defense?
11. Minnesota Vikings- Gus Ferrotte?
12. Carolina Panthers- Will Jake Deloheme stay healthy?
13. New England- Will Matt Cassel ever throw more than a five yard check-down pass in a game?
14. New Orleans Saints- How much does this team miss Marcus Colston?
15. Arizona Cardinals- Will the Cardinals FINALLY win the NFC West?
“My Beer Drunk Soul Is Sadder Than All The Dead Christmas Trees Of The World”
1. Upon hearing that wide receiver Keary Colbert was on the trading block, the Panthers opted to trade for the receiver that they once drafted to reunite Stewart and Colbert.
2. Before the Vikings decided to start Gus Ferrotte they considered working Adrian Peterson out at quarterback.
3. The Seahawks are holding open tryouts for the wide receiver position. Vince Paple apparently didn’t pass the physical.
Emmitt Smith Quote of the Week
“The way you perform make them feel about you different. What else can you say about a defense that get together?”
Read Full Post »