NFL Kickin’ it With Kevin
You Say Tomato, I Say I’m Awesome
1. This weeks Idiot of the Week award goes to Pete Kendell for catching a deflected pass and then trying to run with it only to fumble the ball and have it taken back for a touchdown. Dear Pete, you weigh over 300 pounds and are a guard. Fall on the ball like you were taught, not bumble around like a moron and cost your team an easy three points before half-time.
2. Apparently the Cowboys think that 11 (Roy Williams) plus 81 (T.O.) equals Super Bowl, not 85 plus 81. Sorry Chad. Learn to shut your mouth.
3. Marvin Lewis will be gone by the end of the season. Rod Marinelli may not be.
4. Speaking of doubt, was there ever any that Pacman would make a mistake yet again in Jerry Jones’s island of misfit toys (T.O. and Tank Johnson to name two off the top of my head).
5. Brad Johnson will be the Bubby Brister to the Cowboys season. That is, he will minimize errors and get the team by until Tony Romo is back.
6. Is it just me or was Pacman one of the most overrated corners in the history of the NFL? I’m still baffled that Jerry Jones though so highly of his skills that he employed constant security to ensure his good behavior. I would do that for Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey, not Pacman Jones. Too bad he didn’t envision Pacman fighting his own security. Some people never learn.
7. After all Tony Gonzalez has done for the Chiefs, it’s classless of Carl Peterson to not trade him to a contender towards the twilight of his career.
8. I love Jay Cutler, but he needs to stop chucking it to Brandon Marshall when he is somewhat open and other players are WIDE OPEN. It’s like watching Daunte Culpepper or Tom Brady heave it to Randy Moss when they shouldn’t.
9. Speaking of the Broncos, can you believe that Michael Pittman was their first 100 yard rusher this season?
10. Chris Long is going to be a monster. In fact, he reminds me of a better younger Patrick Kerney. While I was watching the Redskins-Rams game I kept noticing his presence all over the field. It seemed like he was in on every play. Can he get some help?
The Sweet Sixteen
1.Tennessee Titans- Can the Tennessee Titans really be the best team in the NFL? Will the Titans have to make Albert Haynesworth believe he’s in a contract year, every year for this type of performance?
2. New York Giants- How strange was their loss to the Cleveland Browns? Also, what are these bizarre rumors swirling around that Plaxico might get cut?
3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Will Big Ben stay healthy with an offense line that might rival David Carr’s line’s ineptness his rookie year?
4. Buffalo Bills- Will this defense be ready after the bye or will they get torched again a la Kurt Warner?
5. Indianapolis Colts- Is Peyton’s swagger back again? Is Marvin’s?
6. Washington Redskins- Will Clinton Portis continue to carry this team on his back all season?
7. Dallas Cowboys- Is getting Roy Williams going to be the solution to stop this team from imploding or just a band-aid?
8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Will this team decide what its identity is?
9. Denver Broncos- Will this defense decide whether it is a 4-3 or a 3-4? Will this defense ever show up?
10. Philadelphia Eagles- Is anyone else noticing that Broderick Bunkley is quietly having a great season?
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- When is Jon Gruden going to realize that Jeff Garcia is much better than Brian Griese?
12. New Orleans Saints- Is it time to stop labeling Reggie Bush as a bust? How cool is Drew Bree’s mimicking of the movie 300 when he screams, “We are NEW ORLEANS” to get his team pumped up?
13. San Diego Chargers- Will LT stop whining about being injured and gut through it?
14. Atlanta Falcons- With such a suffocating running game, will Matt Ryan continue to impress when the running game gets shut down?
15 (tie) Green Bay Packers- Can this team keep surviving with such a depleted secondary?
15. (tie) Arizona Cardinals- Should the Cardinals have traded Anquan Boldin after all?
“My Beer Drunk Soul Is Sadder Than All The Dead Christmas Trees Of The World”
1. Upon hearing that Brad Johnson would be starting for the Dallas Cowboys next week, Chad Pennington called him to have a who has the weakest arm contest.
Arrested Development Season One
[at the prison]
Barry Zuckerkorn: Are all the guys in here… you know? [referencing gay inmates]
George Sr.: Oh, no, no. No, not all of them.
Barry Zuckerkorn: Yeah. It’s never the ones you hope.
George Sr.: Hope?
Barry Zuckerkorn: Think.
And I’m Out. Comments as always are welcome.
Read Full Post »